Access vendors join to expand Lebanese Internet market
American modem provider US Robotics in cooperation with its Lebanese distributors Logicom and Terranet, have unveiled a new marketing campaign designed to increase the number of Internet subscribers in Lebanon.
The three companies are bundling 30 hours of free Internet with US Robotics' external and internal 56k modems for new subscribers. The bundle will be available through more than twenty US Robotics resellers and PC assemblers throughout the country.
With more than 200,000 Internet subscribers in a country, which has an estimated population of 3.5 million, Lebanon has proved to be one the region's most dynamic Internet markets. U.S.Robotics has an estimated 35 percent market share in the home and SMB segments of Lebanese Internet access solutions’ provision, according to a company press release.
Logicom is a Cypriot distributer of computer-related products and assembly of computer systems. Since January 2000, Logicom Ltd is listed in the Cyprus Stock Exchange and is a distributor of IT products. In September 2000 Logicom started establishing its presence in the Levant markets with the opening of Logicom (ME) in Beirut. It recently opened in Dubai and Jordan and also expanded distribution to Greece.
TerraNet is a Lebanese Internet communication provider. It launched its services in 1999 offering Internet, Intranet and Extranet solutions. The company also provides dial-up access service as well as dedicated Internet connections. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US Robotics participates in Logicom's reseller day in Jordan
- USRobotics Wins Prestigious Best SMB Networking Vendor Award at Network Middle East Innovation Awards 2007
- NETGEAR expands to Qatar to tap into booming regional IT market
- Microsoft and SanDisk Join Forces to Create New Experience for USB Flash Drives and Flash Memory Cards, Expanding On and Replacing U3 Smart Technolog
- US Robotics’ regional presence helps curb modem gray market