Acer expands into aviation segment with Tunis Air win
Acer Computer, the Middle East and Africa’s leading supplier of notebook computers, has signed a deal to supply Tunis Air with high-end Acer desktops.
Acer has committed to delivering almost 500 units of high-end Veriton commercial desktops to the airline. Maintaining its strong presence in the country, the IT vendor already has existing contract to supply desktops to the Tunisian Ministry of Education.
“This agreement is another significant milestone for Acer, as it reflects the strength of Acer as a brand within the regions aviation sector,” said Mohammed Hilili, Country Sales Manager, North & West Africa, Acer Computer, (M.E) Ltd.
As part of the Tunis Air agreement, the IT vendor will also provide after sales support through its partner Tunisie Micro Informatique. “Our close association with Acer Computer has resulted in the success of another strategic enterprise project. This new venture solidifies and demonstrates the corporate and business offering we can provide to valued clients,” said Mondher BenAyed, Chief Executive Officer, Tunisie Micro Informatique.
The IT sector in North Africa is growing at a rapid pace, and Tunisia in particular is one of the regions stronger markets. “This deal will help increase our profile and provide an opportunity for both Acer and Tunis Air to expand in the local and regional market,” concluded Hilili.
© 2007 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Acer Computer to supply over 12,500 PCs to more than 700 Jordanian schools
- Air Arabia commemorates 11th anniversary with first flight to 100th global destination, Tbilisi
- london-dubai premium air traffic set for steep climb
- Acer still the vendor of choice with Tunisian Ministry of Education
- Dubai Islamic Bank signs US$230 million aircraft financing deal with Air Arabia