Abu Dhabi development fund supports African country's $29.9 million infrastructure project
ADFD has been involved in Mauritania's development initiatives sicne 1977 (Courtesy of UAE Interact)
ADFD acting director general Mohammed Saif Al Suwaidi signed the loan agreement with Mauritania's Minister of Economic Affairs and Development Sedi Weld Babha Weld Altah.
Accoding to Al Suwaidi, "This grant embodies the keenness of ADFD to play a vital role in supporting the development march, and this come in line with its strong approach in carrying out the sustainable development in developing countries to enable them to overcome the difficulties and challenges they faced, and to raise the living standards of their people."
Al Suwaidi also hinted that the project would have "positive effects" on other economic sectors in Mauritania and could "[activate] the economic movement" in the country.
ADFD has been involved with Mauritania's development since 1977.
ADFD has given the African country more than 50 million for five development projects over this 35-year period.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?