ADIB provides USD 50 million Ijara facility to Gulf Marine Services WLL
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB), a top-tier Islamic financial services group, today announced that it had signed an agreement to provide USD 50 Million (AED 183.5 million) Islamic finance facility to Gulf Marine Services WLL, to fund the acquisition of the continued growth of the company. The Ijara (lease to own) facility, will have a tenure of five years.
Tirad Mahmoud, CEO of ADIB said, “We value our partnership with Gulf Marine Services highly as they are a market leader in the Offshore and Oil Services industry in the region. We plan to build on this agreement and provide them with other long term financing options to help in their expansion. We hope to customize our other products and services to their requirements and strengthen this relationship.”
The agreement was signed at ADIB offices by Duncan Anderson, Chief Executive Officer of GMS and Nuhad Saliba, General Manager, Head of Corporate Banking for private and public organizations. Abu Dhabi-based GMS owns and operates barges and vessels that serve the oil and gas industry worldwide and focus on well maintenance and work-over, offshore accommodation, diving and construction.
Duncan Anderson, Chief Executive Officer of GMS praised ADIB for the innovative structure of the financing and said: “We are very glad to see the commitment and capabilities of the ADIB team who structured the deal. Their efforts proved that ADIB offers banking as it should be and we look forward to building on our relationship with them to support the further growth of GMS in the future.”
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Replacing Switzerland? Why Lebanon isn't keeping its banking secrecy a secret
- ADIB agrees AED 1.45 billion financing deal with Al Habtoor Engineering Enterprises
- ALDAR signs AED 2,203,800,000 Ijara Facility
- Dubai Islamic Bank signs agreement with Dnata to provide Ijara Islamic finance
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank provides USD 100 million finance facility to NPCC
- Gulf Finance named “Marine Financier of the Year”