ADPC awards AED 350 million port systems contract to Al-Jaber GIS JV
The KhalifaPort and Industrial Zone (KPIZ) project in Taweelah, Abu Dhabi, has moved another step closer to completion with the awarding of an AED 350 million (USD 95.29 million) contract by the Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) to Al Jaber GIS joint venture.
The lump sum port systems contract follows an extensive tendering process and is the third major construction package awarded in the last 10 months for the development of the new port and industrial zone at KPIZ.
The contract involves the detailed design, procurement, integration and installation of the control systems throughout the onshore and offshore areas of Khalifa Port including a Port Operating System; a Vessel Traffic System; Security; CCTV; Telephony and communications; and all associated fiber optic and control system cabling.
The complex package of work is due to commence on site in the first quarter of 2011 following detailed design and procurement phases. Completion is scheduled in the third quarter of 2012 to complement the completion of the overall Port.
Remaining major ADPC contracts for KPIZ, including Port offshore civil-building works, Port Terminal infrastructure and facilities, and Industrial Zone road and utilities networks are scheduled to be awarded in the next few months.
- UAE and China reach for the stars with MOU on outer space research
- United Airlines to end Washington-Dubai route: a case of sour grapes?
- Qatar seals $7.02 billion deal for French Rafale fighter jets
- A year later: how safe is flying after the Malaysian airlines' disasters?
- Nationalist glory or economic revival? Why Egyptians are rushing for two-way traffic in the Suez Canal
- ADPC awards AED 1.028 billion building works contract to ED Zublin and Al Jaber Transport and General Contracting
- Abu Dhabi Ports Company announces the awarding of program management contract for Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone
- Abu Dhabi Ports Company, Borouge sign MoU to provide port services at Khalifa Port
- Abu Dhabi goes all 'Dubai' with a billion dollar fake island port
- Al Jaber-Technip win $62 million Dolphin contract