Adult mobile content growing for 3G networks
Adult mobile content is growing to be one of the killer applications for 3G networks, as features such as video streaming and fast data downloads become more popular says the latest Visiongain report: Mobile Adult Content 2005.
Following the huge amounts paid out for 3G licences, operators are trying to recover the investment by providing a variety of contents by taking advantage of the faster download speed enabled by their 3G networks.
Visiongain estimates that the total worth of the global adult content market in 2004 including publishing, video & DVD, pay-TV, premium phone lines, wireless services and internet content, was of €22.1 billion. From this figure the global market for mobile adult content in 2004 amounted to €0.51 billion and is set to be worth €0.73 billion by year-end 2005, a forecasted growth of 45%.
Adult Mobile Content is one of the key factors driving the increase of revenues by 3G networks. Visiongain’s Adult Mobile content 2005 report analyses the revenue generation potential for Adult Mobile Content as well as the constraints and technological developments driving its provision in the mobile communications industry.
- Etisalat and Nokia in alliance to enhance mobile internet services offering
- Beecell signs mobile agreement with Disney Interactive Studios
- Middle East mobile sector to cash in on US$15.65 billion applications and content boom
- Beecell Signs Agreement with Jordanian Singer Hani Metwasi
- LogicaCMG to provide Next Generation Messaging solution to Wataniya Algeria