Aegean-Alexandria chambers sign trade protocol
A four-day visit to Egypt by the Aegean Region Chamber of Industry (EBSO), consisting of 130 Turkish businessmen, came to an end May 1. During this visit, a sister chamber protocol was signed between the EBSO and the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce.
The Deputy Chairman of EBSO, Nezih Ozture, cited by Anadolu news agency, stated that the new;y signed protocol is geared at expanding the mutual trade between Alexandria, Egypt and Izmir, Turkey, and should work to increase the number of flights and ship tours traveling between the two countries.
According to official statistics, the value of trade between Turkey and Egypt stood at $866.2 million last year, with a trade balance of $80.9 million in favor of Turkey. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Limoges Chamber to study Dubai’s model of development - Chamber officials in town to finalise arrangements for the visit of high-profile French busin
- Syria, Iraq sign agreement for free trade zone
- Turkey, China Sign $10m Trade Protocol
- Saudi-Egyptian annual trade at $1.15 billion
- Businesses hope free trade pact with Syria will bring prosperity