Hey Africa! UAE's Etihad Airways to open new sales region in Sahara continent
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, is increasing its commitment to Africa with the establishment of a new sales region — Africa Sub-Sahara and Indian Ocean (AFI).
This brings to seven the number of geographical regions that make up the global sales structure. The other regions include the UAE, the Middle East, North Africa and Levant, Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific North and the Indian Subcontinent, and Asia Pacific South and Australasia.
The new AFI region currently covers six countries across Africa, including: Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, and the Republic of the Seychelles and the Maldives in the Indian Ocean.
Etihad Airways currently operates 90 flights per week between these countries from its hub in Abu Dhabi — and this is further extended regionally by its codeshare agreements with Royal Air Maroc, South African Airways, Kenya Airways, and its equity partner Air Seychelles.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts