Hey Africa! UAE's Etihad Airways to open new sales region in Sahara continent
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, is increasing its commitment to Africa with the establishment of a new sales region — Africa Sub-Sahara and Indian Ocean (AFI).
This brings to seven the number of geographical regions that make up the global sales structure. The other regions include the UAE, the Middle East, North Africa and Levant, Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific North and the Indian Subcontinent, and Asia Pacific South and Australasia.
The new AFI region currently covers six countries across Africa, including: Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, and the Republic of the Seychelles and the Maldives in the Indian Ocean.
Etihad Airways currently operates 90 flights per week between these countries from its hub in Abu Dhabi — and this is further extended regionally by its codeshare agreements with Royal Air Maroc, South African Airways, Kenya Airways, and its equity partner Air Seychelles.
- Air deal boost for African destinations
- Qatar Airways arrives in Hyderabad on inaugural flight
- The best is yet to come: Etihad airways to launch 6 new routes in the first half of 2015
- Qatar Airways launches inaugural flight to Kochi
- Start spreading the news, Etihad is leaving today: New York flights doubling in 2014!