Agreement set to increase activity at Lebanon's Port
A partnership agreement was signed last week to boost activity at Beirut Port, said stakeholders.
The agreement, signed by Lebanese shipping company FAST Mondial & Marine and leading French shipment SDV, will allow the two companies to share a global network of shipment operations, a joint statement said.
“The agreement will allow us to provide importers and exporters with a fast and affordable shipment and will thus bolster the competitiveness of our clients,” the General Director of SDV said.
SDV had recently acquired a minority share in the Lebanese operator, which is present in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Italy. The company’s turnover reached $30 million in 2011.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another