Agreement set to increase activity at Lebanon's Port
A partnership agreement was signed last week to boost activity at Beirut Port, said stakeholders.
The agreement, signed by Lebanese shipping company FAST Mondial & Marine and leading French shipment SDV, will allow the two companies to share a global network of shipment operations, a joint statement said.
“The agreement will allow us to provide importers and exporters with a fast and affordable shipment and will thus bolster the competitiveness of our clients,” the General Director of SDV said.
SDV had recently acquired a minority share in the Lebanese operator, which is present in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Italy. The company’s turnover reached $30 million in 2011.
- Impetus from within: why the Arab World needs a very Arab 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Fiscal juggling': just how many economic priorities will Saudi Arabia's new King have to focus on?
- Despite Erdogan's 'harsh rhetoric', Turkish-Israeli is still booming
- UAE is best MidEast economy for attracting talent, index says
- The Arab Spring's success story: what will it take for Tunisia to unlock its full economic potential?