Agreement set to increase activity at Lebanon's Port
A partnership agreement was signed last week to boost activity at Beirut Port, said stakeholders.
The agreement, signed by Lebanese shipping company FAST Mondial & Marine and leading French shipment SDV, will allow the two companies to share a global network of shipment operations, a joint statement said.
“The agreement will allow us to provide importers and exporters with a fast and affordable shipment and will thus bolster the competitiveness of our clients,” the General Director of SDV said.
SDV had recently acquired a minority share in the Lebanese operator, which is present in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Italy. The company’s turnover reached $30 million in 2011.
- General Organisation Of Sea Ports Signs Key Logistics Agreement With Federal Republic Of Germany
- Syria’s main port reports increased activity
- Increasing rocket attacks in Syria's Latakia may undermine chemical weapons destruction
- Beirut Port to Be Streamlined
- Syria ready to activate electricity agreement with Lebanon