Agreement set to increase activity at Lebanon's Port
A partnership agreement was signed last week to boost activity at Beirut Port, said stakeholders.
The agreement, signed by Lebanese shipping company FAST Mondial & Marine and leading French shipment SDV, will allow the two companies to share a global network of shipment operations, a joint statement said.
“The agreement will allow us to provide importers and exporters with a fast and affordable shipment and will thus bolster the competitiveness of our clients,” the General Director of SDV said.
SDV had recently acquired a minority share in the Lebanese operator, which is present in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Italy. The company’s turnover reached $30 million in 2011.
- Why India is likely to re-emerge as the UAE's top trade partner
- What's really attracting high net worth individuals to living in the UAE?
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women
- Presidential vacuum, Syrian crisis leaves Lebanon's business leaders more than worried
- Oil wells, taxes, and scare tactics: how the IS has been making money all this time