Agreement to upgrade Oman Oil Refinery signed
An agreement on engineering supply and construction works of “Al-Azmarah” project and the upgrading of Oman Oil Refinery was signed Tuesday between Oman Oil Refinery Company and Oman Contractors Union Company.
According to ONA, the US$ 86.84 million worth agreement was signed by Nassir bin Khamis al-Gashmi, Oil and Gas Ministry undersecretary and chairman of Oman Oil Refinery company’s board and the regional general manager of the implementing company. Dr. Adel bin Abdul-Aziz al-Kindi, Executive President of Oman Oil Refinery Company told Oman News Agency (ONA) that the project is meant to improve condensates and convert them into benzene to cover deficiency in benzene production.
According to him, the project will increase refining capacity at Mina’ Al-Fahal from 85,000 barrels per day to 106,000 barrels. The project will be completed by the end of 2006.
- Oman Oil Refinery Company receives loan valued US$ 140 million
- Oman: Shareholders agreement for US$ 956 million Sohar Aromatics Complex signed
- US$120 million loan for Oman Refinery Company
- Agreement on construction of crude oil pipeline to Omani refinery signed
- Oman: Agreement signed to off-take refined petroleum products