Over 5.2 million passengers used Abu Dhabi International Airport, 14% up
Traffic figures for the first four months of 2013 recorded a 14 per cent increase in passenger traffic compared to the same period last year, and the number of flights for the same period rose by 9.5 per cent compared to the same period in 2012, Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) said on Monday in a statement.
ADAC said that more than 5.2 million passengers used Abu Dhabi International Airport in the first four months of 2013 and the airport received 42,735 flights. The airport body added that cargo traffic also increased, with 209,880 tons of cargo passing through the airport representing a 20.2 per cent increase compared to the first four months of 2012.
The destinations with highest traffic were India, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Thailand and Pakistan.
“ADAC will go ahead with its investments in the Abu Dhabi International Airport to cope with the growth of numbers of passengers coming to Abu Dhabi and the UAE which has become a regional hub for business and flights,” Ahmad Al Haddabi, chief operations officer at ADAC, said in a statement. “As the capital’s airport continues to register double digit growth in passenger traffic, ADAC will continue to invest in Abu Dhabi International Airport in order to provide the infrastructure necessary to ensure service and efficiency for all passengers and partners, while supporting the growth of Abu Dhabi as an international hub.”
Adac said that in April and March this year, Abu Dhabi International Airport had received more than 1.3 million passengers each month, representing a double-digit growth of 15 per cent in March, followed by 8.6 per cent growth in April compared to the respective periods last year.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Abu Dhabi International Airport posts 15.6% increase in February 2014 passenger traffic
- Abu Dhabi International Airport traffic grows by 14% in the first four months of 2013
- Passenger traffic at Abu Dhabi International Airport up by 8.1 per cent in first six months of 2009
- April passenger traffic up by +10% at Abu Dhabi International Airport
- August sees 14% Passenger Growth at Abu Dhabi International Airport