Ajmal launches new fragrance for men
Ajmal Perfumes, a regional manufacturer of fragrances, announced Tuesday, August 7, the launch of a new fragrance for men called Expedition. Ajmal also began offering its fragrances for sale online this year.
The Middle East fragrance market is currently estimated at around five billion dollars a year, and has risen more than tenfold since 1950. Perfume-wearing habits in the Middle East are expected to undergo a radical change over the next couple of years, with consumers moving towards a more back-to-basics usage pattern, Nazir Ajmal, marketing director of Ajmal Perfumes told the India Abroad Daily.
The most popular fragrance under the Ajmal name was Sarah. Begining as a 5,000-piece test-marketing exercise, the Sara perfume sold over one million bottles across the region since its launch in 1991.
The Dubai-based group of companies, established by an the Indian Ajmal family in 1951, operates a sales and distribution network of nearly 50 exclusive retail shops spread throughout the GCC countries, in addition to some 500 dealers throughout the Middle East. The company plans to open five more stores in the GCC to mark its 50th year in business — three in the UAE and two in Saudi Arabia. — (Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Mmm! Arabian perfume company spreading sweet scents to UK audiences
- Ajmal launches Pisces new fragrance for men
- Ajmal Launches Two New Fragrances For Couples Sacrifice – for him and her
- Ajmal Perfumes launches their new invoking fragrance
- Elegant, Powerful and Luxurious Ajmal Perfumes launches their latest oriental fragrance