Al Habtoor to build four hotels in Qatar
Dubai-based Al Habtoor Engineering has signed a $260 million contract to build four new hotels in the Qatari capital Doha, a report said. Construction is to begin next month and will be completed in a year's time, ahead of the Asian Games 2006.
Al Rayyan Tourism Investment Company is the owner of the project, which will be built as part of the Doha City Centre expansion, the Gulf News report said. Four banks including Commercialbank and Doha Bank of Qatar, Al Ahli United Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait Middle East Bank are financing the project.
The new project sites are titled Phase II West and Phase III A East, it said.
The Phase II West expansion consists of three underground levels and an above ground seven-storey podium for Marriott Courtyard and Marriott Renaissance Towers. The Marriott Courtyard will be a four-star hotel with 204 guestrooms and 127 Marriott executive apartments.
- Habtoor Hotels projects healthy growth for Year 2012
- Deal signed for construction of four hotel towers in Doha
- Habtoor Hotels Presents Optimistic Financial Plan for Year 2011
- A top tourist destination, Dubai to build 28,000 more hotel rooms by 2018
- Bahrain: Licences issued for seven new for four- and five-star hotels and for four tourist apartment buildings