Al-Khaleej Gas Phase 1 launched in Qatar
The State of Qatar, Qatar Petroleum (QP) and ExxonMobil Middle East Gas Marketing (EMMEGML) have announced the launch of phase one of Al-Khaleej Gas (AKG-1). First gas is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2005.
Total investment for AKG-1 is in excess of $1.1 billion. The plant will produce gas from Qatar's North Field, recover associated condensate and natural gas liquids for sale, and market 1.75 billion cubic feet per day of pipeline gas for domestic and export customers.
AKG will be developed in phases to meet the gas sales commitments, with AKG-1 to supply approximately 750 million cubic feet per day to the Oryx GTL plant, Ras Laffan Power Plant and other domestic industrial customers.
ExxonMobil is the world's largest non-government marketer of equity gas, with total equity gas sales of 10.5 billion cubic feet per day. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil Announce Start of Operations of Al Khaleej Gas Project Phase 2
- Huawei partners with Stage 2 to deliver first class IP training to Middle East
- CB&I wins EPC gas storage contract in Qatar
- New agreement for RasGas LNG and Gas production complex in Qatar brings GE Energy’s total service commitments at the site to over US$1 billion
- Qatar: US$950 million Oryx GTL plant inaugurated