Al-Majd Channel 2 premieres two exclusives
Al-Majd Channel 2, the first English Islamic satellite television channel, will premiere two exclusives on its Middle East platform via NileSat this month. Live translation of Taraweeh prayers in English will be broadcast live from the mosque in Makkah and a film documentary on the life of the famous South African propagator of Islam, Sheikh Ahmed Deedat will also be screened.
The Story of Deedat filmed this year on location in South Africa retraces the events that molded the character of the Muslim scholar of comparative religion. It also uncovers details of the challenge faced by Deedat and his team at Islamic Propagation Center International (IPCI) as they struggled against both anti-Islamic prejudice and the racist polices of the Apartheid regime during the 60’s and 70’s.
Al-Majd 2, will began transmissions this Ramadan from studios in Dubai Media City (DMC), Riyadh and Cairo. The channel implements a fully integrated marketing communications plan and has conducted a comprehensive study on the Islamic and social condition of the English speaking Muslims in Europe, the Middle East and Indian sub-continent and Far East to determine the best way of addressing them. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- du delivers a unique experience this Ramadan; offers customer a bouquet of Islamic content
- Saudi Ministry for Islamic Affairs launches live English translation of Ramadan prayers
- du Special Edition Ramadan Recharge Card Offers Free Mobile Content
- Over 130 films traded at the 2009 Dubai Film Market
- du Ramadan SMS Challenge Receives More Than 350,000 SMS Hits On First Four Days of Ramadan