Algeria’s energy ministry invites bids on oil refinery
Algeria’s energy and mining ministry has issued an official invitation to foreign investors to bid for building and running an oil refinery, which will be located in the in Sbaa basin southern region of Adrar, near the Salah gas field development.
According to a ministry statement, the contract to construct and operate the refinery will be awarded to one or a consortium of firms, which will then work alone or in partnership with one or more of the Algerian state-owned oil and energy companies—Sonatrach, Naftec and Naftal.
The tender is divided into two stages—technical and financial—with bids on the technical stage due by April 30.
The ministry will then study the offers, and it will inform by June 30 those bidders meeting its criteria that they may subject financial bids for the second stage. Those will be due by August 31.
The contract with the winner or the winners will be signed by September 30. – (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Algeria and Angola sign energy accord
- Algeria's minister of energy issues invitation for tender for refinery in Adrar
- International firms invited to bid on studies for Iraq-Jordan oil pipeline
- Algeria: Eight perimeters awarded to foreign oil firms
- Energy Ministry invites firms to bid for construction of wind power plants