Algeria’s energy ministry invites bids on oil refinery
Algeria’s energy and mining ministry has issued an official invitation to foreign investors to bid for building and running an oil refinery, which will be located in the in Sbaa basin southern region of Adrar, near the Salah gas field development.
According to a ministry statement, the contract to construct and operate the refinery will be awarded to one or a consortium of firms, which will then work alone or in partnership with one or more of the Algerian state-owned oil and energy companies—Sonatrach, Naftec and Naftal.
The tender is divided into two stages—technical and financial—with bids on the technical stage due by April 30.
The ministry will then study the offers, and it will inform by June 30 those bidders meeting its criteria that they may subject financial bids for the second stage. Those will be due by August 31.
The contract with the winner or the winners will be signed by September 30. – (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Algeria's minister of energy issues invitation for tender for refinery in Adrar
- Algeria Announces Winners In First Public Tender
- Honeywell gets automation project from Algerian oil refinery
- 20 international oil producers considering six exploration blocks in Algeria
- Oman to announce winner of multi-million-dollar refinery contract in April