Algeria’s mobile customer base reaches 1.5 million
Algeria’s mobile subscriber base reached 1.5 million users as of December 31, 2003, APS cited from ARPT statistics. Some 1.3 million users are registered with Orascom Telecom Algeria (OTA) and 158,000 are serviced by Algeria Telecom.
According to ARTP, 92 percent of OTA customers use prepaid mobile services. Algeria Telecom does not offer the prepaid option.
Last week, Egypt’s Orascom Telecom Holding announced the closing of €545 million in debt and equity financing by its mobile services subsidiary in OTA. A portion of the proceeds was applied to the $368.5 million final payment for the GSM license awarded in July 2001. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Ooredoo reaches 100 Million Customer Milestone
- OTA completes license payment and secures €545 million financing
- Qtel achieves record-breaking revenue and profit for 2008 Group customers reach 57.5 million
- Qtel Reaches 1.8 Million Mobile Customers in Qatar
- Qtel reaches 1.8 million mobile customers in Qatar