Algeria to invest $5 billion in project to provide computers for families
Algerian minister of post, information and telecommunication technologies, Mr. Boudjemâa Haichour, declared that the investment needed for providing 6 million computers for Algerian families is estimated at $5 billion, reported the Algerian Al-khabar newspaper on Tuesday.
Contracts regarding this project were signed earlier this week in the ministry. The project will be launched next September, and expected to last five years. The families will also be connected to the internet network as part of this project. The computers are expected to be sold to the families through convenient bank loans, thus one who has a bank account could pay AD1350 per month during a three year period for the purchase of a computer.
- Dubai Islamic Bank and Dubai World to launch US$ 5 billion family of sector specific private equity funds
- BP to invest $2.7 billion in Algerian oil ventures
- Algerian banks declared to be inefficient
- "M" - a new $5 billion rebranding campaign in the Middle East
- Al Osaimi Investments & Real Estate launches AED 1.5 billion 'Dusit Emirates Saray -Palm Jumeirah Hotel Resorts & Residences'