Algeria issues international mining tenders
The Algerian Bureau of Geological and Mining Research (ORGM), affiliated to the ministry of energy and mining, has recently issued a series of international tenders for licenses to develop and exploit mineral resources throughout the country.
Two companies, Algeria's Hydromine and the Lebanese Zakhem International Construction, have so far submitted the required technical documents for the Tiririne-Hanane gold veins deposit tender, which closes August 27.
Other mine licenses offered include the Oued Amizour zinc mine in Bejaia and the Djebel Aberraz and Bled El-Mass diamond areas in Adrar, according to the North Africa Journal. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Canadian-Algerian zinc projects fall through
- Canadian mineral firm reports 24 % increase in Tunisian zinc output for 4Q 2002
- Algeria's minister of energy issues invitation for tender for refinery in Adrar
- Tender issued for development of Moroccan silver mine
- Sonatrach to issue tender for gas fields development