Algeria to privatize 60 companies within 3 weeks
An Algerian government minister announced here Friday, November 17, that his government would launch a major privatization drive within three weeks covering some 60 state firms.
Hamid Temmar, Algeria's minister in charge of reform, said the sell-off would mark the first stage of a privatization drive that will ultimately target 102 national companies and 70 regional firms.
The national companies comprise businesses in the sectors of service, construction and industry, Temmar said at a meeting with French businessmen here.— (AFP)
© Agence France Presse 2000
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- 652 Algerian companies on brink of bankruptcy
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Inmarsat Holdings Limited Reports Third Quarter 2005 Results
- Ooredoo celebrates launch of first commercial 3G network in Algeria
- Kraft Foods Egypt joins 30,000 Kraft Foods employees from 60 countries in volunteering to fight hunger and promote healthy lifestyles