Algeria's very different SPRING
The European Commission has approved €20 million to go to Algeria.
The European Commission has approved the Support program to local sustainable development and to social actions in the north-west of Algeria, with a contribution of €20 million.
The Commission has also adopted a support program to governance of €10 million to reinforce Algerian governance institutions in the economic and political fields. The program comes in the framework of the Programme for the Support for Partnership, reforms and Inclusive Growth (SPRING).
The programme aims to strengthen the rule of law, including the access to justice, to reinforce the fight against corruption, to encourage the participation of all the citizens to the process of development, and to improve the follow-up of public finance management.
By: Reda Darwish
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow