Algeria's very different SPRING
The European Commission has approved the Support program to local sustainable development and to social actions in the north-west of Algeria, with a contribution of €20 million.
The Commission has also adopted a support program to governance of €10 million to reinforce Algerian governance institutions in the economic and political fields. The program comes in the framework of the Programme for the Support for Partnership, reforms and Inclusive Growth (SPRING).
The programme aims to strengthen the rule of law, including the access to justice, to reinforce the fight against corruption, to encourage the participation of all the citizens to the process of development, and to improve the follow-up of public finance management.
By: Reda Darwish
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another
- China-Pakistan economic corridor: a game-changer for the Middle East?
- Suspended tax transfers pushed Palestinian economy to the brink
- Egypt passed the economic conference with flying colours, but what's next?
- Why the GCC really needs a VAT tax