Algeria's very different SPRING
The European Commission has approved the Support program to local sustainable development and to social actions in the north-west of Algeria, with a contribution of €20 million.
The Commission has also adopted a support program to governance of €10 million to reinforce Algerian governance institutions in the economic and political fields. The program comes in the framework of the Programme for the Support for Partnership, reforms and Inclusive Growth (SPRING).
The programme aims to strengthen the rule of law, including the access to justice, to reinforce the fight against corruption, to encourage the participation of all the citizens to the process of development, and to improve the follow-up of public finance management.
By: Reda Darwish
- Livelihoods trump lawlessness: young working Egyptians risk everything in Libya
- RIP: King Abdullah leaves behind profound legacy for the Saudi Economy
- Impetus from within: why the Arab World needs a very Arab 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Fiscal juggling': just how many economic priorities will Saudi Arabia's new King have to focus on?
- Despite Erdogan's 'harsh rhetoric', Turkish-Israeli is still booming