Algeria's very different SPRING
The European Commission has approved the Support program to local sustainable development and to social actions in the north-west of Algeria, with a contribution of €20 million.
The Commission has also adopted a support program to governance of €10 million to reinforce Algerian governance institutions in the economic and political fields. The program comes in the framework of the Programme for the Support for Partnership, reforms and Inclusive Growth (SPRING).
The programme aims to strengthen the rule of law, including the access to justice, to reinforce the fight against corruption, to encourage the participation of all the citizens to the process of development, and to improve the follow-up of public finance management.
By: Reda Darwish
- Why the Egyptian government and activists are just not seeing eye-to-eye on labour reforms
- Is the Saudi economy going to be unpredictable in H2?
- Abu Dhabi's economy and investors are happy because growth continues
- The clever's mistake: why a (good) candidate should be hired despite an odd typo
- Stability and jobs lead to a healthy housing market in Bahrain