Almarai to play active role in cleaning up the environment
Almarai Company Limited, the region's largest dairy producer, recently announced they have formed a hands-on alliance with the Emirates Environmental Group (EEG). Now a corporate member, the dairy producer has committed itself to promoting environmental issues and is currently establishing a number of Emirate wide campaigns and initiatives to be launched in September of this year and run through 2003.
All to be announced in the near future, Almarai will also partake in various existing EEG initiatives in a bid to promote the importance of the environment in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Aiming to enlist the help of UAE residents, each campaign will make looking after the environment fun, and be targeted at grass roots level to ensure people of all ages are educated in the cause.
Almarai, meaning green pastures in Arabic, was established in 1976 and extended to the UAE in 1984. The company has become one of the foremost food companies in the Middle East. Almarai's activities vary from dairy and arable farming, dairy processing, to the manufacture, sale, marketing and the distribution of a wide range of fresh and long life branded dairy products. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Almarai launches improved Zady range
- Masdar’s role in promoting clean energy highlighted at EU-GCC Clean Energy Network meeting in Brussels
- DSI Partake in Clean Up UAE Initiative
- Imdaad participates in DP World’s coastal clean-up activity in celebration of Gulf Environment Week
- Emirates Environmental Group and Almarai sponsor Clean Up UAE day