American Airlines adds Middle East points through SWISS code-share
American Airlines will extend its route network to five additional points in Poland, India, and the Middle East through its code-share agreement with SWISS. Beginning July 31, 2002, the company will place its AA code on SWISS flights from Zurich to Krakow and Warsaw, Poland, and to Muscat, Oman. On August 7, the company will put its code on SWISS flights from Zurich to Mumbai and Delhi in India.
"American's code-share with SWISS opens for our customers a world of travel possibilities to destinations beyond the points in our network that we serve directly," said Mike Gunn, American's executive vice president of Marketing and Planning. "Together, we operate nine daily flights between the US and Zurich, making connections to Europe, India, and the Middle East very convenient for our passengers."
American Airlines, the world's largest carrier, together with its regional affiliates American Eagle and the AmericanConnection carriers, serves more than 250 cities in more than 40 countries and territories with more than 4,400 daily flights. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- GULF AIR AND SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES EXPAND CODESHARE AGREEMENT- New codeshare flights to Al Madinah and Dammam introduced
- Royal Jordanian, Middle East Airlines enter new free sale codeshare agreement
- SWISS airlines to operate 31 weekly flights to the Middle East
- GULF AIR EXPANDS CODESHARE AGREEMENT WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES TO COVER MORE DESTINATIONS
- American Airlines operates out of Dubai under codeshare with British Airways