American Airlines operates out of Dubai under codeshare with British Airways
American Airlines (AA) and British Airways (BA) have begun a worldwide codeshare agreement that allows customers to fly to hundreds of destinations around the world, including Dubai.
AA now operates out of Dubai International Airport through aircraft belonging to BA's fleet. The airline is represented in Dubai and the Northern Emirates by MMI.
The arrangement allows AA customers to book codeshare flights on BA beyond London Heathrow to destinations in the Middle East. BA, in turn, will place its code on American and American Eagle flights beyond American's six United States gateways at Dallas-Fort Worth, New York Kennedy, Boston, Chicago O'Hare, Miami and Los Angeles to cities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Although AA and BA will not codeshare on each other's North Atlantic flights to London, AA will codeshare on British Airways' daily nonstop between New York JFK and Manchester. British Airways will do the same on American's flights from Chicago O'Hare to Manchester and Glasgow, Scotland.
The codeshare agreement covers other Middle East destinations, including Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Doha. In time, AA will offer codeshare service on BA to up to 110 worldwide destinations. British Airways will offer codeshare service on AA to up to 187 destinations in the United States, Mexico, Caribbean and Latin America. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Etihad Airways launches its first codeshare agreement out of Pakistan with American Airlines
- GULF AIR AND SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES EXPAND CODESHARE AGREEMENT- New codeshare flights to Al Madinah and Dammam introduced
- Royal Jordanian and Oman Air enter free sale codeshare agreement
- GULF AIR EXPANDS CODESHARE AGREEMENT WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES TO COVER MORE DESTINATIONS
- American Airlines adds Middle East points through SWISS code-share