Amman securities market sluggish in August
The share price indices of the Amman securities market were characterized by a relative slow-down during the month of August. The reason for this trend, according to a report in Al-Rai daily, is the restricted demand for most listed shares as a result of their low profitability in the first half of 2000.
The share price index that measures the performance of the 45 best companies listed on the Amman Stock Exchange, decreased by 2.66 percent in August, closing at 65.55 points by the end of the month. In the same month, the service sector share prices fell by 4 percent, the banking shares index fell by 3.7 percent, the insurance share index dropped by 1.45 percent and the industrial shares index dropped by 1.04 percent. –(Albawaba-MEBG)
- DSM lodges complaint following incorrect IPO float report
- Amman Stock Market sees another difficult year
- Currency Markets to Look Past European Data, Follow Risk Trends Ahead of NFP (Euro Open)
- Tomorrow's Economic Releases: FX Market Set For Run Of Market Worthy Indicators
- Arab markets expected to rise despite bearish start in 2007