Apple expected to unveil iPad 3 in March 7 event
Apple has started sending out invites for an event next week at which the tech giant is likely to unveil its most awaited gadget, the iPad 3. The event, which has the tagline "We have something you really have to see. And touch", will take place in San Francisco at 10am, local time on March 7.
Though Apple has not confirmed what it will announce at the event, there are strong rumours that the iPad 3 will be unveiled, The Telegraph reports. According to the paper, the image on the invitation, which shows a finger tapping an iPad, appears to suggest that the rumours are true.
Apple is also expected to also use the event to announce an improved Apple TV, possibly with support for full 1080p high definition video. Some reports in early February suggested that Apple was in 'crunch mode', making the final preparations for the iPad launch event. It is thought that the new iPad will have a vastly improved display, with double the screen resolution of the iPad 2, and a faster processor.
It is not clear whether iPad 3 will feature improved cameras, increased storage or Siri, Apple's built-in voice-recognition app currently available in iPhone 4S. The upcoming event will be the first major Apple product launch since the death of Steve Jobs, the company's Co-Founder and former Chief Executive.
- Mobile banking is the future for the UAE's banks
- Mecca included: Saudi Arabia and the smart city 'obsession'
- Talk about abandoning its comfort zone: an inside look into Amazon's 'Fire Phone'
- The Middle East's Silicon Valley? Jordan's booming, yet struggling, gaming industry
- Recognizing potential: MENA cyber-security market crosses $25 billion mark