Cyber attack: Apple targeted by same group as Facebook hackers
Tech giant Apple has said its computers were attacked by the same hackers that targeted Facebook last week.
The US-based firm said a small number of its machines were affected, but added there was 'no evidence' of data theft.
Last week Facebook said it had traced a cyber attack back to China, which had infiltrated employees' laptops, the BBC reports.
In a statement, the iPhone maker said that it has 'identified malware which infected a limited number of Mac systems through a vulnerability in the Java plug-in for browsers.'
It added that the firm is working closely with law enforcement to find the source of the malware.
- Why UAE banks are about to come head to head with Google, Facebook, and Amazon
- Targeted cyber attacks to become 'rampant' in the Middle East
- Will text messaging make it through the 'Whatsapp age'?
- The best argument for normalization? Apple wants to sell iPhones in Iran
- Revolutionary or merely impressive? Here comes the official verdict on the Iphone 6