Cyber attack: Apple targeted by same group as Facebook hackers
Tech giant Apple has said its computers were attacked by the same hackers that targeted Facebook last week.
The US-based firm said a small number of its machines were affected, but added there was 'no evidence' of data theft.
Last week Facebook said it had traced a cyber attack back to China, which had infiltrated employees' laptops, the BBC reports.
In a statement, the iPhone maker said that it has 'identified malware which infected a limited number of Mac systems through a vulnerability in the Java plug-in for browsers.'
It added that the firm is working closely with law enforcement to find the source of the malware.
- Digitizing the Middle East: Why Google thinks online advertising will change the Arab market
- Is KSA under attack?! Why cybercrime is targeting Saudi consumers
- When IT disasters strike, are Middle East businesses ready to respond?
- Is Nokia about to make a comeback in the Arab world?
- IT investments reveal the Gulf's insecurities