Cyber attack: Apple targeted by same group as Facebook hackers
Tech giant Apple has said its computers were attacked by the same hackers that targeted Facebook last week.
The US-based firm said a small number of its machines were affected, but added there was 'no evidence' of data theft.
Last week Facebook said it had traced a cyber attack back to China, which had infiltrated employees' laptops, the BBC reports.
In a statement, the iPhone maker said that it has 'identified malware which infected a limited number of Mac systems through a vulnerability in the Java plug-in for browsers.'
It added that the firm is working closely with law enforcement to find the source of the malware.
- Thinner screen, tougher requirements? Why Apple suppliers are truly struggling to supply enough screens for next month's iphone 6 lauch
- On cloud 'nine' or more like...'seven': the GCC's clouding industry to grow seven-fold by 2020
- A truce on the fight for supremacy: Samsung, Apple declare a cease-fire on patent war
- Why app developers are thriving in the UAE
- Revealed: the $3 trillion threat