Cyber attack: Apple targeted by same group as Facebook hackers
Tech giant Apple has said its computers were attacked by the same hackers that targeted Facebook last week.
The US-based firm said a small number of its machines were affected, but added there was 'no evidence' of data theft.
Last week Facebook said it had traced a cyber attack back to China, which had infiltrated employees' laptops, the BBC reports.
In a statement, the iPhone maker said that it has 'identified malware which infected a limited number of Mac systems through a vulnerability in the Java plug-in for browsers.'
It added that the firm is working closely with law enforcement to find the source of the malware.
- A Brotherhood/Al-Jazeera-driven phobia: a new Qatari-funded TV channel in Egypt is sparking major controversy
- Making the most out of candy crushing in the workplace? Gamification and the corporate world
- Saudi Arabia claims to have one of the world's most tech-savvy populations, but can it fast track diversification?
- Davos elite warned of 'catastrophic' cyber attacks
- Good luck blockading that: In Gaza, an IT company has Google-sized aspirations