Apple to start production on new iPhone in summer - WSJ
Sources told the newspaper that the latest model would be launched this summer. Apple however refused to comment on the matter, the WSJ said.
Apple is also continuing its work to produce a cheaper iPhone with its partners in Asia, the business daily reported. The new four-inch device will be likely ready by the second half of this year and will "use a different casing from the higher-end iPhone," it was reported.
Apple's chief executive Tim Cook has been reluctant to comment on Apple's plans for a less expensive device, the WSJ said. Cook said at an investor conference in February that Apple "wouldn't do anything that we consider not a great product."
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- GCC to pioneer safe and secure online shopping
- Too much for Big Brother to handle? Will the UAE ban Whatsapp after it turns into a calling app as well?
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!