Apple to start production on new iPhone in summer - WSJ
Sources told the newspaper that the latest model would be launched this summer. Apple however refused to comment on the matter, the WSJ said.
Apple is also continuing its work to produce a cheaper iPhone with its partners in Asia, the business daily reported. The new four-inch device will be likely ready by the second half of this year and will "use a different casing from the higher-end iPhone," it was reported.
Apple's chief executive Tim Cook has been reluctant to comment on Apple's plans for a less expensive device, the WSJ said. Cook said at an investor conference in February that Apple "wouldn't do anything that we consider not a great product."
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!
- Social media shifts power of communication to people
- 5G: the upcoming network that will allow you to download an HD movie in one second
- What was yesterday's shutdown all about? Security experts raise flag over Whatsapp's 'weaknesses'