Aptec moves to boost market share as UAE mobile phone penetration outpaces landlines
Aptec Gulf, a distributor of mobile phones and accessories is stepping up its marketing activities to meet the projected high demand for mobile phones, as a new study shows that mobile phone penetration continues to accelerate rapidly in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), recording unprecedented growth, especially Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
By the end of February 2003, the number of mobile phones subscribers in the UAE stood at 2.5 million, against the number of fixed lines of a little over one million, according to a study by the Dubai-based Madar Research Group.
Aptec has eight subsidiaries with offices in the UK, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey, Kuwait and Africa. Aptec is focused on trade only distribution of the top industry brands. Aptec represents Nokia & Sony Ericsson on both the trade and end user level in the UAE. The company has invested heavily in the automation of its order processing systems and warehouses and through its advanced B2B e-commerce system called Aptec-Online. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Aptec Gulf ties up with 3Com to provide IP-based business communication solutions
- Aptec Mobile anticipates major shift in consumer buying patterns
- Aptec Gulf introduces a new Components Division at GITEX 2003
- Aptec wins top ISE Partner award for HP IPG multi-function products
- Pan-Arab mobile phone subscribers reach 30 million mark in 2003