Aptec moves to boost market share as UAE mobile phone penetration outpaces landlines
Aptec Gulf, a distributor of mobile phones and accessories is stepping up its marketing activities to meet the projected high demand for mobile phones, as a new study shows that mobile phone penetration continues to accelerate rapidly in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), recording unprecedented growth, especially Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
By the end of February 2003, the number of mobile phones subscribers in the UAE stood at 2.5 million, against the number of fixed lines of a little over one million, according to a study by the Dubai-based Madar Research Group.
Aptec has eight subsidiaries with offices in the UK, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey, Kuwait and Africa. Aptec is focused on trade only distribution of the top industry brands. Aptec represents Nokia & Sony Ericsson on both the trade and end user level in the UAE. The company has invested heavily in the automation of its order processing systems and warehouses and through its advanced B2B e-commerce system called Aptec-Online. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- A Study of the UAE Telecommunications Sector by Al Ramz Securities
- $2b for Egypt’s Airports to Meet Tourist Demand
- Etisalat General Assembly Approves Dividends at 60% and issues 10% bonus shares
- i2 announces revenues of $1.3 billion, up 55% percent
- Booz Allen Hamilton Study Reveals Need for Companies to Adapt to Web 2.0