From one idol to another: Nancy Ajram confirmed as new judge
Lebanese singer Nancy Ajran has been officially confirmed as a new judge on the popular talent show “Arab Idol”. Nancy signed the contract at her home this week, after a visit by production staff, and will be joining fellow judges Lebanese singer Ragheb Alama, UAE singer Ahlam and Egyptian composer Hassan Al Shafie, according to MBC.net.
Rumours were abound after Ragheb had let it slip that Nancy was joining as the fourth judge, or would be replacing another of the feared panel. Nancy remained tight-lipped over the matter, mainting a strict ‘no comment’ line until it was official.
In addition, Egyptian star Ahmed Fahmi has also signed a contract on the show to replace former presenter Abdullah Al Taleehi. Ahmed Fahmi was a member of they Egyptian ban WAMA and had also forged a successful acting career.
Let us know what you think. Will Nancy be the best judge yet? Will this be the best series? Who would you have preferred to be the fourth judge?
- Draaaama! Everything may not be perfect in Arab Idol paradise between Nancy Ajram and new judge Wael Kfoury
- Here’s the short-short of it: Nancy Ajram and Elissa simultaneously break fashion tradition
- Nancy goes from 'super' to 'Arab Idol' as she is confirmed as the fourth judge
- Nancy Ajram banned from Marrakech
- Arab Idol: Ragheb Alama's nemesis Ahlam hoping to replace him with Mohammad Abdo