Arab League's Israel Boycott Bureau blacklist 28 foreign ships
The Arab League's Israel Boycott Bureau report, to be presented at the next Arab League ministerial meeting, called upon the European Union (EU) to suspend its partnership agreement with Israel.
Additionally, it added that attempts should be made to call upon the EU to impose taxes on Israeli goods imported by Europe, as well as to ban Israel from smuggling products made in settlements to Europe, passing them as being made in Israel so as to benefit from tax exemption, Kuna reported.
The Damascus-based bureau, said that reported information on some foreign companies violating the boycott have been followed up, as well as the issue of smuggling Israeli products to Arab markets through fake foreign firms and having them repackaged as products of that country.
All in all, 28 foreign ships have been black listed for violating the boycott, and 10 others have been lifted from the list after having pledged to adhere to boycott regulations, it said. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Futile ambitions? The 'boycott effect' aside, Israel declared unfit for gas investments
- Riyadh boycotts German firm for shipping Israeli products
- Nestle added to blacklist of Arab boycott
- Thirteen Arab League members press to reactivate Israel boycott
- Arabs restore boycott of companies dealing with Israel