Arab states fail to respect financial pledge to Palestinian Authority
Arab aid to the Palestinian Authority (PA) for the six-month period ending September totaled $145 million, less than half their $330-million commitment, an Arab League official said on Monday.
"Of the total $330 million that were pledged, the PA only received $145 million," an official at the Cairo-based League told AFP. He said Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman were the only members to have disbursed their full share of the assistance.
The 22-member Arab League agreed to provide the PA with $55 million in monthly assistance during its last Beirut summit, held in March. Aid was to be distributed from May to September. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Arab states cushion Palestinians from economic crisis with $100m per month 'financial safety net'
- No aid, no pay, says Palestinian PM as civil servants go hungry
- Saudi to increase financial aid for Palestinian Authority
- Current Economic State of the Palestinian Authority
- Arabs agree on monthly aid to Palestinians