Arabtec denies shattering news that it will acquire Kuwait's Kharafi National
Dubai builder Arabtec on Wednesday denied that it planned to acquire Kuwaiti construction firm Kharafi National.
Sources familiar with the discussions told Reuters on Monday that Arabtec had been in talks with Kharafi National, part of the Kharafi Group, to fully acquire the company. On Monday, both Arabtec and Kharafi declined to comment.
On Wednesday, Arabtec said: “The company denies that it will acquire Kharafi National.”
Earlier on Wednesday, Arabtec issued another statement saying its board had not taken any decision on the acquisition of another company. It did not mention Kharafi National.
Its shares were subsequently suspended from trading at the request of the regulator.
- Inside the GCC's booming construction industry
- House hunting in Dubai? Budget friendly options may be available in the near future
- Why Dubai is NOT building more hotels for World Expo
- Another tipping point for the ME: 'smart' urban development
- Dubai residents blame 'Expo 2020' for extortionate hike in rent rates