Arabtec denies shattering news that it will acquire Kuwait's Kharafi National
Dubai builder Arabtec on Wednesday denied that it planned to acquire Kuwaiti construction firm Kharafi National.
Sources familiar with the discussions told Reuters on Monday that Arabtec had been in talks with Kharafi National, part of the Kharafi Group, to fully acquire the company. On Monday, both Arabtec and Kharafi declined to comment.
On Wednesday, Arabtec said: “The company denies that it will acquire Kharafi National.”
Earlier on Wednesday, Arabtec issued another statement saying its board had not taken any decision on the acquisition of another company. It did not mention Kharafi National.
Its shares were subsequently suspended from trading at the request of the regulator.
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Dubai's hospitality sector is a sound investment
- Quiet and wise: How Oman is transforming itself into a major logistics hub
- Revealed: the top real estate tycoons in the ME