Aramco, Sumitomo Chemical select Project Management Services Contractor for Rabigh II Project
Saudi Arabian Oil Company (“Saudi Aramco”) and Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd (“Sumitomo Chemical”) have announced the selection of JGC Corporation as the Project Management Services Contractor to conduct a feasibility study for the development of the Rabigh Phase II Project (“Rabigh II Project”). Rabigh II Project is a major expansion of the existing petroleum refining and petrochemical production complex (“Rabigh Phase I”) recently commissioned by Rabigh Refining and Petrochemical Company (Petro Rabigh).
Two Project Management Services Contracts have been awarded for the feasibility study:
An out-of-Kingdom contract awarded to JGC Corporation (Japan).
An in-Kingdom contract awarded to JGC Gulf International Ltd. (Saudi Arabia).
Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical will complete the feasibility study by the third quarter of 2010. Once the project is proven viable, Petro Rabigh will be invited to decide on the implementation of the Rabigh II Project.
The Rabigh II Project will produce a diverse slate of petrochemicals, most of which will be new to the Kingdom, to complement and strengthen the position of Petro Rabigh as a major producer of refined products, petrochemical and specialty chemicals.
- Backtracking? Aramco, Sumitomo transfer ownership of impending $8.5 billion plant
- petro rabigh selects wipro and dar al riyadh partnership for sap suite implementation
- Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical Co. to develop refining and petrochemical complex
- Saudi Aramco inks deal with Japan Sumitomo Chemicals
- Foster Wheeler awarded contract by Saudi Aramco