Aramex enters e-commerce partnership with Australia Post
Australia Post bought a 4.5 per cent stake in Aramex this year. (File photo)
Click here to add Ahmad Fahour as an alert
Disable alert for Ahmad Fahour,
Click here to add Aramex as an alert
Disable alert for Aramex,
Click here to add Australia Post’s Star Track International as an alert
Disable alert for Australia Post’s Star Trac ...,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai
Logistics firm Aramex said on Monday it has established a joint-venture e-commerce company with Australia Post.
Aramex holds a 60 per cent stake in the Singapore-based company that will target the global e-commerce market, the Dubai-listed logistics firm said in a bourse statement. Australia Post holds the remaining 40 per cent stake.
The joint venture has acquired Australia Post’s Star Track International, an e-commerce postal and supply chain company, for 62.4 million Australian dollars (Dh175.9 million).
Australia Post, who this year bought a 4.5 per cent stake in Aramex, said on August 3 it would launch a joint venture with the Dubai listed company that would “help connect Australian businesses and consumers to the world economy and the fast-growing Asian e-commerce market.”
“This alliance with Aramex will help us grow the Australian e-commerce market, capturing more inbound e-commerce parcel volumes and will provide a platform for outbound growth, particularly for Australian small businesses,” Australia Post’s managing director and group chief executive Ahmad Fahour said in an earlier Aramex statement.
Aramex previously reported a 24 per cent increase in first half net profit to Dh222.5 million
Founder Fadi Ghandour sold his 9.9 per cent stake in the company earlier this year, according to July 31 Aramex statement.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Aramex records double digit revenue growth in second quarter of 2016
- Emirates Post and Deutsche Post cement alliance with new cross-promotion agreement
- 'Targets surpassed': Etihad Airlines posts 23% increase in passenger numbers
- HCL Technologies posts strong revenue growth
- Cellucom and Kalaam announce strategic partnership