ATK to develop tank ammunition production line in Egypt
America’s largest supplier of ammunition, Alliant Techsystems (ATK), has been awarded a $27 million contract from the US Army Operations Support Command, Rock Island, Ill., to assist the government of Egypt in the development of a capability to produce 120mm tank training ammunition.
Under the three-year contract, ATK Ammunition Systems, Arden Hills, will provide technical expertise, equipment and ammunition components to support the manufacture of 45,000 rounds of 120mm training ammunition at production facilities near Cairo. The company will also construct and install all necessary equipment for a 120mm ammunition test firing range.
With products ranging from 5.56mm rounds for small arms to 120mm tank ammunition. Customers served include the military forces of the US and allied nations, law enforcement agencies and sporting enthusiasts.
ATK is a $2.1 billion aerospace and defense company with leading positions in propulsion, composite structures, munitions and precision capabilities. The company, which is headquartered in Minneapolis, employs approximately 11,300 people and has three business groups: Aerospace, Precision Systems, and Ammunition. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- ATK receives Middle East ammunition contracts exceeding $10.5 million
- Jordan Ammunition Manufacturing and Services Company announces awarding of US$43 million contract by Jordan Armed Forces
- American Ammunition signs teaming agreement with Israel Military Industries
- US Army selects contractors to destroy enemy ammunition in Iraq
- Egyptian presidential fleet gets $60 million Gulfstream jets