Atlantis, The Palm opens
Atlantis, The Palm opened today as the flagship resort on The Palm Jumeirah – the first resort to open its doors on Dubai’s revolutionary island. Created by Kerzner International Holdings Limited, a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts, the new 1,539-room resort began accepting reservations February 1, 2008.
With its enviable location atop the crescent of The Palm Jumeirah, the opening of Atlantis, The Palm is be a landmark event, redefining tourism in Dubai as the first truly integrated entertainment resort. Reflecting Executive Chairman Sol Kerzner’s vision to transport guests into a dazzling, imaginative world, the resort encompasses a 46 hectare site with 17 hectares of water themed amusement at AQUAVENTURE, extensive fresh and salt-water pools and lagoon exhibits, an open-aired marine habitat second only to Mother Nature, a seemingly endless stretch of beach, luxury boutiques, numerous dining choices including four celebrity chef restaurants, an exciting nightclub, a Spa and Fitness Club, and 5,600m² of meeting and function space.
- New Icon for Middle East ‘Atlantis, The Palm’ to Open in September 2008
- Atlantis, The Palm Wins Four Prestigious Awards at the World Travel Awards
- Atlantis, The Palm Joins Emirates’ Prestigious Skywards Programme
- atlantis, the palm bridges the two towers
- Kerzner to develop 2,000 room resort on Palm Jumeirah