Atlas Air signs contract to wet lease B747-400 freighter to Emirates
US-based Atlas Air will provide an additional Boeing 747-400F aircraft on an Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance (ACMI) basis to Emirates SkyCargo under a five-year contract that commenced March 1, 2004.
"This is the third B747-400F freighter we have provided to Emirates on an ACMI basis," said President and CEO of Atlas, Jeffrey H. Erickson. The B747-400F is a state-of-the industry freighter with one of the largest load capacities in the sky.
Emirates Airline's 63-strong fleet includes 59 wide-bodied passenger jets and four freighters - two 747-400Fs and two 747-200Fs. Emirates SkyCargo now serves 74 destinations in 52 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian subcontinent, the Far East and North America.
Atlas Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings. In addition to the three B747-400F aircraft, Atlas also leases two B747-200 freighters to Emirates. The company offers a complete line of freighter services, including ACMI contracts for some of the world's leading airlines, and worldwide charter services with a fleet of Boeing 747 aircraft. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Etihad Airways extends wet lease contracts with Maximus Air Cargo
- Emirates Holdings signs contract with Microsoft
- Emirates flag carrier to boast Boeing 747-8 Freighter
- air charter international: wet lease in record time
- TNT and Emirates sign aircraft lease agreement First UAE dedicated TNT freighter lands in Dubai