AT&T AGN node to be deployed in Doha
Qatar Telecom (Qtel), AT&T and NavLink Monday signed an agreement under which AT&T's state-of-the-art AT&T Global Network (AGN) node will be deployed in Doha.
The node, when operational by the second quarter of this year, is expected to provide superior connectivity to multinational companies, banks and other corporate customers in Qatar.
According to <i>The Peninsula</i>, during a press conference Monday, Dr. Nasser M Marafih, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Qtel, said, “The new node will provide Qtel customers access to advanced data, connectivity and managed services from AT&T and will allow Qtel’s network to interconnect with one of the most advanced Internet Protocol based global infrastructure. It will mean that AT&T becomes the first global service provider to offer global data services in Qatar.”
He said that the initial capital expense on the project was estimated at around $1.55m.
- AT&T global network extended to Kuwait through agreement With Qualitynet and NavLink
- Qatar: Qtel expands coverage to remote areas
- Motorola deploys Qtel GSM network at key venues for Asian Games
- Qtel signs agreement for major new submarine communications link for Qatar
- Qtel and Tata Communications collaborate to offer global connectivity services