AUD students run Global Village radio station
Global Village, the international attraction of the 2003 Dubai Shopping Festival, is to get its first site radio station from a partnership with the American University in Dubai (AUD).
Students from AUD will present programs from a dedicated Global Village studio at the colorful shopping and entertainment extravaganza on Dubai Creek.
More than 12 AUD media students of nine different nationalities will be involved in the project and will man the radio station in shifts over the nine hours of daily broadcasting. The students will all present programmes in their respective native languages of Arabic, English, Farsi and Urdu.
The Global Village radio station is set to inform and entertain visitors with music, competitions, dedications and general announcements. The presenters will also interview visitors and participants, run on-air competitions and broadcast lost and found announcements and prayer calls.
The Global Village is being hosted by Dubai Festival City, a key sponsor of the Dubai Shopping Festival. The Dubai Festival City development is the signature ‘city-within-a-city’ project being developed on the banks of Dubai Creek by the Al-Futtaim Group. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- REEF MALL AND CHANNEL FOUR RADIO NETWORK CONTINUE THEIR DUBAI-WIDE SEARCH FOR RADIO STARS
- Emirates Bank Offers Chances to Win Big With the Global Village Promotion
- Enoc/Eppco sponsor of Global Village 2003
- GETEX Organisers Launch Enhanced Academic Counselling Programme in the UAE
- Emirates Bank Sends Two Lucky Winners on a Trip ‘Around the World’