Bahrain’s charter airline industry set for growth
(MEBG) – Bahrain’s charter passenger airline industry, which last year pumped more than $28 million into the local economy, should be able to capture an even bigger regional market share with the support from the public and private sectors, said an official at the Bahrain Marketing and Promoation Board in Manama .
Europe's four largest air charter companies—Air 2000, Air Tours International, Flying Colours and Monarch—currently utilize Bahrain International Airport (BIA) as their stopover point between Europe and destinations in the Far East. BIA handles around 40 air charter flights a week during the peak vacation season, and sees 400,000 passengers and 12,000 crew members passing through its facility each year.
Travel managers foresee much broader economic base for the charter flights business in Baharain, as the top four airline companies begin a planned expansion of their routes and networks this autumn
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Middle East airline industry set to grow
- Despite protests, Bahrain's economy 'to grow 4.5 per cent this year'
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- Tunisian charter airline plans to go public
- Countdown for one of Bahrain’s most exciting event yet begins - third annual Bahrain Boat Show International (BBSI) just weeks away