Bahrain: Amendments to draft law on lands rejected
Bahrain's Chamber of Deputies on Saturday rejected the amendments made by the Shura Council to the draft law on allocating 10 per cent of government lands for endowment activities and referred it back to the Council without any revision, Bahrain Tribune reported.
The draft law is the third main clash between the Chamber and the Council following the draft law to provide more powers to the deputies by cutting the number of Council members and the draft law on social insurance.
- Controversial amendments passed in Jordanian lower house restricting journalists and internet
- Bahrain: Draft law on land registration
- Bahrain Drafting Law to Promote IT
- Bahrain: MPs vote in favour of amendments to properties and ownership law
- Egyptian rights groups 'wholly reject' draft anti-terrorism law